kmid2 help

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Feb 14 14:20:23 UTC 2010

Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> Well, I just tried kmidi2 with fluidsynth and pulseaudio. It was horrible,
> as Kevin had said. The metronome didn't work and the progress indicator
> didn't either. also, the sound was very crackly and wobbly, like it was
> playing at irregular speeds.

Hmmm, is your machine even slower than mine (P4 Northwood at 2.6 GHz)? My
guess so far is that FluidSynth requires a really fast machine to produce
decent output, especially with the PulseAudio driver.

> Also, I was unable to stop the application and had to kill it, as it
> became unresponsive to the mouse, although continuing to play.

I'm now also seeing this and the related lack of progress feedback. But that
sounds like a KMid2 issue to me, I don't see why it's getting blocked this
way, fluidsynth is a separate process.

        Kevin Kofler