KDE SC 4.4.0 headed for updates-testing

John5342 john5342 at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 14 15:49:21 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 15:36, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> John5342 wrote:
>> I have never liked making changes to files installed by rpm unless
>> they are configuration files because they don't always behave right
>> after updates.
>
> We marked these files as %config(noreplace) for this very reason (also
> notice how they are below /etc).

Very true. It still means if anything more changes i have to start
checking rpmnew files. I personally have full admin rights but not
everybody has so knowing it is easy to make the config change per user
is useful knowledge. Commenting out that script also doesn't help if
most users on the system should stick to the default but just
individuals want to switch to the pulseaudio integration. Either way i
am not saying it was done wrongly. Only that an alternative less
intrusive way exists for those who want it.

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't...