A little more MIDI help, please

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 03:34:09 UTC 2010

Hey, thanks! That was very comprehensive and informative.

...but Kevin Kofler also wrote:

> If you need only MIDI, you can set up JACK to use the dummy input/output
> drivers, then you can continue to use PulseAudio.

Wanna tell me how to do this? Do I turn on Jack and there find something called Dummy
Input Driver and Dummy Output Driver that I connect my application to?

-

And I was fooling around a while back with MIDI and also discovered a number of other
things, like:

- A kernel module or port (?) called 'MIDI Through'
- Kernel modules called snd-seq-virmidi and snd-virmidi

Are these what you are talking about? Do they do what I want? How do I use them? When
I tried, I got absolutely not a peep.