A little more MIDI help, please

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 19:17:19 UTC 2010

Orcan Ogetbil wrote:

> The main SIG page is at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AudioCreation
>
> Everybody is welcome to join.

Thanks. I am not a musician, nor a programmer, nor a packager, nor do I know
anything of any of these things. I cannot even play a musical instrument, aside
from the CD player.

I was trying to learn a little about MIDI, because sometimes when I have trouble
sleeping, I find it soothing to sit in the dark, start up ams, minicomputer or
zynaddsubfx and vkeybd, and just pick with one finger (mouse pointer, actually) on
a key at a time, turn the dials and listen to the dreamy, musique concrète that
results. After a few minutes or hours, I am usually ready to go back to bed.

I might make further use of your services, however, as I am also having trouble (is
it pulseaudio again?) recording sounds. I have wanted to do some readings for
librivox.org and I cannot make audacity record anything. Prior to pulseaudio, when
I was using straight alsa, I had no problems with recording.