Kiosk setup fails

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 22:45:28 UTC 2010

I'm trying to set up a very basic "foolproof" environment for an elderly
relative (basically a browser, image viewer and Skype). This will be on
a shared Fedora netbook so I can't do anything too radical. An obvious
starting point would seem to be kiosktool, but it won't allow me to
create a new profile. The error is "klauncher said: Unknown protocol
'fish'."

I thought fish was included in KDE, but maybe not. If so, which extra
package(s) do I need?

Alternatively, is there a better way of setting up this kind of
environment without spending days editing config files by hand? It
doesn't have to be KDE based.

poc