KNode configuration

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Feb 16 23:00:22 UTC 2010

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I get a number of complaints when I answer postings with KNode,
> as it seems to give only the first newsgroup in the "Followup-To" header.

Some people just hate Gmane, KNode or NNTP in general. I just ignore those
folks. (I have yet to receive complaints about this particular issue, but I
did get some complaints about other Gmane-related issues, e.g. it at least
used to inject the messages into the mailing lists with newsgroups as the
Reply-To instead of the mailing list addresses (not sure whether that's
fixed) and there was disagreement between KNode and GMail about how the
References header should work (and Gmane didn't do any translation of the
References header when relaying between mailing list and newsgroup), so
messages were being misthreaded for GMail users (not sure whether that one's
fixed either).)

> Is this something one can change,
> or is it a feature of KNode?

Well, you can manually edit it to list multiple groups, but I just pick one
(usually the default one it picked, sometimes I change to another one from
the dropdown list), I never got any complaints about this.

        Kevin Kofler