enable nepomuk (by default) for f11/f12 too?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Feb 17 21:20:13 UTC 2010

On 02/17/2010 03:15 PM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:

>>> This might be related to your question:
>>> I just upgraded to 4.4 and I got this pop-up on first login:
>>
>> Yep, that's the consequence of nepomuk not being enabled when akonadi
>> tries to start.  a BIG FAT SCARY WARNING(tm).
>>

> Hmm. What exactly should I be scared off? Well, I am scared but I want
> to know what I actually is scaring me.
>
> For my situation, there was a particular proposal at
> http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi#Nepomuk_Indexing_Agents_have_been_Disabled
> but then again, those commands didn't help.

All it means is that anything akonadi/search related will fail (because
nepomuk is used for that... and it isn't currently running).

The scary part is that the warning doesn't say that, and it's not very
informattive to the user that is the case.

> So should I downgrade? Will the nepomuk beast destroy my home
> directory? Is akonadi his bloody companion?

All it means is that to have a fully functional and happy akonadi, you
need nepomuk too.

-- Rex