migration destroyed my distribution lists

Tim Wunder (Lists) tim at thewunders.org
Thu Feb 18 16:32:54 UTC 2010

On 02/18/2010 10:54 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
>> The old lists will not be migrated in a workable fashion, as the mechanism
>> is not the same.
>
> Ugh, that is really broken! The last time the distribution list mechanism
> changed, they provided a migration tool to do the conversion. But this time
> they even HAVE a migration tool (the Akonadi migration tool) and didn't make
> it convert things properly? This kind of disregard to user data (and
> configuration is data) really needs to stop (it's not the first time a KDE
> app just ignores configuration from older versions, unfortunately).

And it's things like this that cause people (like me) to stop using
kmail/kontact and migrate to another app for email (Thunderbird, in my
case).

Tim

--
Fedora release 11 (Leonidas), Linux 2.6.30.10-105.2.23.fc11.x86_64

 11:30:01 up 17:34,  3 users,  load average: 0.47, 0.30, 0.13
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts" John Wooden