migration destroyed my distribution lists

Tim Wunder (Lists) tim at thewunders.org
Thu Feb 18 19:08:45 UTC 2010

On 02/18/2010 12:59 PM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 18 February 2010 15:54:39 Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> Anne Wilson wrote:
>>> The old lists will not be migrated in a workable fashion, as the
>>> mechanism is not the same.
>>
>> Ugh, that is really broken! The last time the distribution list mechanism
>> changed, they provided a migration tool to do the conversion. But this time
>> they even HAVE a migration tool (the Akonadi migration tool) and didn't
>> make it convert things properly? This kind of disregard to user data (and
>> configuration is data) really needs to stop (it's not the first time a KDE
>> app just ignores configuration from older versions, unfortunately).
>>
> No data is lost.  Additional functionality will come as soon as possible.  You
> can still filter entries, of course, since I would assume that all contacts in
> a ML will have common data somewhere.

I'm confused. You say 'no data is lost' right after telling Neal he has
to rebuild his distribution list. Doesn't a distribution list count as data?

Tim
--
Fedora release 11 (Leonidas), Linux 2.6.30.10-105.2.23.fc11.x86_64

 14:00:01 up 20:04,  3 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.01, 0.00
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts" John Wooden