stay away from mysql-5.1.43-1 (for now)

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Feb 19 15:32:01 UTC 2010

Petrus de Calguarium wrote:

> Rex Dieter wrote:
>
>> Seems there's some akonadi + mysql-5.1.43 badness, so I'd recommend
>> staying away from it for now.
>
> I've already got it. It must have gotten updated sometime before today, as
> today's updates are just coming now (at 1630).
>

> > Is that why kaddressbook doesn't show any addresses?

Maybe?

Can you do (in a konsole/terminal):, preferably without any apps running:

akonadictl restart

and does it fail on startup with errors of the form:
[akonadiserver] Character set 'latin1' is not a compiled character set and
is not specified in the '/usr/share/mysql/charsets/Index.xml' file
[akonadiserver] Database error: Cannot open database.

as referenced in
 https://bugzilla.redhat.com/566547
?

-- Rex