4.4 - Nepomuk Indexing Agents Have Been Disabled

Garry Williams gtwilliams at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 21:25:13 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> Garry T. Williams wrote:
>> Where are these paths configured?
>
> ~/.kde/share/config/nepomukserverrc
> ~/.kde/share/config/nepomukstrigirc

Just to be clear, I upgraded and the nepomuk server *created* the path:

 ~/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data/virtuosobackend

but expected to open a file in the path:

 ~/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data/redland

which did not exist.

I don't know what the contents of ~/.kde/share/config/nepomukserverrc
was before I started the server, but it reads:

 Storage Dir[$e]=$HOME/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/

now.

If that was the content originally, it doesn't explain why
nepomukserver creates one path and then attempts to open another.

Anyhow, if my experience is not extraordinary, others will have the
same problem.

--
Garry Williams +1 678 656-4579