ThinkPad Hotkeys

Sven Lankes sven at lank.es
Tue Feb 23 15:14:14 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 03:57:39PM +0100, Gregory Zysk wrote:

> http://linux-hacks.blogspot.com/2009/05/fix-thinkpad-function-keyshot-keys-in.html
> I have tested it on my T61 running Fedora 12 KDE and it works perfectly!
> I am not a technical guy, so I am not sure of the packaging process and the
> QA that comes with submitting it, but I am open to learning it. But, it
> would be great if someone could help explain or to help get this script
> packaged and implemented into the upstream.

The bad news: The scripts linked above are nothing but a ugly hack that
doesn't belong into a distribution.

The good news: At least with KDE 4.4 (which is about to be pushed to
-stable and should be available as an automatic update real soon soon)
the thinkpad-keys that I care about (brightness and volume) work out of
the box.

sven === jabber/xmpp: sven at lankes.net