QT-4.6 updates make font larger ?

Steven P. Ulrick fedora-kde at afolkey2.net
Thu Feb 25 09:06:51 UTC 2010

> Armelius Cameron wrote:
> > Now on KDE all fonts appear slightly larger and/or bolder. It's rather
> > obvious on Kontact/Kmail message & folder lists. But also visible
> > difference shows on the message pane / kmail compose windows. The text
on
> > the Kile editor are bolder & slightly larger. The only thing I did was
> > "yup update qt". I didn't change any configuration at all.
> >
> > Anyone else seeing this ?

Does what you are seeing include the fonts now looking like a medium to
dark GRAY instead of the former black?

Immediately after I ran "yum update" on February 24th, logged out and then
logged back in, my fonts are now no longer black...  systemsettings claims
that the "Window Text" color is still set to black.  But, my eyes
disagree...

Steven P. Ulrick