Three simple user questions

Sven Lankes sven at lank.es
Thu Feb 25 10:57:32 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 12:39:52PM +0200, Tomas Straupis wrote:

>   1. How do I disable functionality, that when I move a window close
> to the top (possibly close to any edge) of the screen KDE maximises
> it?

System Settings -> Desktop -> Screen Edges -> [ ] Maximize windows by dragging them
to the top of the screen

>   2. How do I switch to "standard" KDE mouse pointer (the one seen in
> most KDE screenshot), to be more specific where can I download that
> cursor theme (what is it's name)?

System Settings -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Cursor Theme

I'm guessing that you're looking for one of the Oxygen themes.

>   3. Is it possible to change the "glow" colour? The one "beneath"
> active window. Currently it's blue.

System Settings -> Desktop -> Desktop Effects -> All Effects -> Shadow

There is a "Color" setting in that effects settings dialog.

sven === jabber/xmpp: sven at lankes.net