Three simple user questions

Armelius Cameron armeliusc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 16:48:14 UTC 2010

On Thursday 25 February 2010 08:33:56 am Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> While turning this off, I noticed that the "tile windows by dragging to
> the edge of the screen" option is on the same panel, and is also
> enabled, but in my case it doesn't seem to do anything at all, which is
> a pity since it sounds like it could actually be useful on occasion.

Actually it does. Drag your windows to the to the side of one screen (say left
side), __when you mouse cursor hit the side__ (this is the key), there should
be a new border showing how the window is going to be tiled. The idea is you
can do this to a window to the left side, and another window to the right side
to have a side by side windows of the the same size. (Look at video below on
aroun 1:20)

Now what I haven't figured out how is to make KWin tabs with different
application windows on different tabs. Something with "Group windows together"
as shown on the video on ~2:00

http://www.kde.org/announcements/4.4/ (second video from the top)

AC