High resource usage for Konq, nspluginviewer and Xorg...

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Feb 26 13:05:18 UTC 2010

Linuxguy123 wrote:
> We've seen various people on this list blame the proprietary nvidia
> driver for various problems before and it hasn't turned out to be the
> issue.  What proof do you have ?

That it doesn't happen for anybody who's not using proprietary crap.

And your #1 offender is another piece of proprietary software, the Flash
plugin (nspluginviewer is just a very small shell, its CPU usage is
definitely due to the plugins in it!), so if NVidia isn't the culprit, Flash
is and vice-versa. Neither is supported by us.

        Kevin Kofler