Regular users happy with KDE 4.4.0 SC?

Garry Williams gtwilliams at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 16:31:48 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> On 02/24/2010 10:58 AM, Garry Williams wrote:
>
>> I (to my knowledge) had not been running virtuoso.  I never enabled
>> desktop search.  Yet, after installing 4.4 from updates-testing, I got
>> the warning about nepomukserver failing.  And this required me to
>> track down a directory to rename so that the warning would go away.
>
> We have nepomuk disabled by default, so whether you recall or not, it
> seems you did enable it at some point in time.

OK, I'll buy that.

The good news:

I have another system, F12 x86_64, that I did a test on.  Right before
a yum update that brought in 4.4, I enabled desktop search and strigi.
 They were not previously enabled.

After the update, a logout just hung, so I logged into a terminal and
rebooted.  After login, I received messages in the notifier that the
conversion was being performed and there were no errors.  Everything
is up and running correctly.  I had no need to mess with directory
names on this system.

The difference may be FC12 versus FC11.  Or the problem was corrected
before the push to updates.

In either case, thanks for the wonderful update!

--
Garry Williams +1 678 656-4579