ktts borken?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 26 20:08:17 UTC 2010

On Friday 26 February 2010 17:07:12 Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Hello Petrus,
>
> On Friday 26 February 2010, 13:47, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> > Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> > > Could anyone make this work?
> >
> > I am a keen user of text-to-speech synthesis, using festival & espeak
> > both with and without mbrola, but using the kttsd front-end has been
> > completely and utterly broken for about 2 years now.
>
> IIRC last year I was able to set up ktts and read PDFs
>
> > I have had a bug report open on bugs.kde.org for about as long (after
> > being requested to do so by Rex (?) when they were pushing us to file
> > the bugs upstream), but there has not been any action whatsoever.
> >
> > I am also not able to even see the voices available on my system, so I
> > cannot select any.
>
> the same happens here. Both festival & espeak work fine from the command
> line.
>
> > I will have a look at Anne's link later.
>
> the usersbase page does not add much to the ktts handbook nor the other
> docs. quoted in the previous mails.

I will try to contact the author of that page and ask him to help.  The
easiest way would be for both of you to ask questions on the Discussion page
http://userbase.kde.org/Talk:KTTS - it's an empty page now, so just edit it.
I'll ask the author to read it and try to help.

KDE Community Working Group