KMail - deleting indexes

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 28 09:44:03 UTC 2010

On Saturday 27 February 2010 21:54:46 Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Can one safely delete KMail indexes?
> I looked in the Handbook, but didn't find an answer there.

Yes, it's totally safe and they will be rebuilt.  I'm not sure whether any of
the flags are saved within the indexes, but I've never been aware of losing
any.  In fact it has been recommended for years if you get one of those
corruptions that give rise to a No Subject mail with a 1970 date.  Make sure
that KMail/Kontact is closed,of course

KDE Community Working Group