Kontact/Akonadi is disastrous on 4.3.85

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jan 2 05:50:14 UTC 2010

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> but also programs like kdvi, which seems to me a completely unnecessary
> replacement for xdvi, which always works perfectly for me.

Actually, KDvi is dead, it's part of Okular these days. As for xdvi, that's
completely obsolete and uses some ancient toolkit that looks like crap
(AFAIK, there's actually a choice between Xaw, Xaw3D and Motif, the current
Fedora package is built against Xaw3D). I think it's great that you can view
DVIs in Okular and I don't see the point of using an ancient Xaw or Motif
app instead.

I also use Konqueror as my main browser (i.e. at least 99% of the time I
browse the web).

        Kevin Kofler