F11 updates failing

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 2 19:30:14 UTC 2010

On Saturday 02 January 2010 18:50:03 Thomas Janssen wrote:
> 2010/1/2 Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:
> > On Saturday 02 January 2010 17:56:25 Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> >> As someone suggested, it could be an issue with the mirrors. Try... in
> >> the Fedora and Fedora Updates repo to comment out the mirror urls and
> >> un-comment the base urls. Change the base urls from
> >>  download.fedoraproject.org to download.redhat.fedora.com. yum clean
> >> all. yum update.
> >>
> >> I made a complaint a couple of years ago about this kind of syncing
> >> issue, but they told me that they really do not know what to do about
> >> it.
> >
> > Hi, Eli.  Yes I have already tried the base urls.
>
> You can try: yum update --skip-broken

I use that routinely.

> But i doubt this will get you any further. Looks like you have to
> delete some packages to get 4.3.85 into F-11 right now.
> I didn't do it. I need all the stuff installed. So i wait. Well, maybe
> i will upgrade to F-12 soon. But not yet planned.

I have F12 on this laptop, but want to keep F11 a little longer on the netbook
- probably for another month, to cover my next absence from home.  After that
I'll probably upgrade.

I wouldn't worry so much if others were reporting a problem - stuff happens,
as the saying goes.  However, if no-one else has a problem, that does bother
me.

KDE Community Working Group