F11 updates failing

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Sat Jan 2 19:56:33 UTC 2010

On Saturday 02 January 2010 20:43:08 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 02 January 2010 17:56:25 Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> > As someone suggested, it could be an issue with the mirrors. Try... in
> > the Fedora and Fedora Updates repo to comment out the mirror urls and
> > un-comment the base urls. Change the base urls from
> >  download.fedoraproject.org to download.redhat.fedora.com. yum clean all.
> >  yum update.
> >
> > I made a complaint a couple of years ago about this kind of syncing
> > issue, but they told me that they really do not know what to do about it.
>
> Hi, Eli.  Yes I have already tried the base urls.
>
> Anne

Ooops Firstly I made a typo. Probable dyslexia in action. :)

I meant to type download.fedora.redhat.com  not download.redhat.fedora.com.
Make sure that the base urls read what I've indicated. The fedora and fedora
updates repo files usually come with download.fedoraproject.org. Believe it or
not, that base url can also be out of sync for quite sometime.  What you could
also try is to download the files manually and then rpm -Uvh them to get them
installed.

Eli

believed to be clean.