KMail is horrifically slow?

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 16:55:17 UTC 2010

Petrus de Calguarium wrote:

> ...remains idle for the remainder of the session.

I should add that I have quite a lot of files archived in Documents and that
initially, it must have taken Nepomuk, oh, say... maybe an hour or more to index it
all, but since then, all is very well. The nepomuk database is around .5 GB (I
totally deleted it and allowed it to be recreated a couple of days ago, so there is
definitely no old garbage).

I definitely have no suggestions or ideas, but, äähhh... do you have virtuoso
installed?

I have these, in case it is significant (I don't know which ones are actually
required):

virtuoso-opensource-5.0.12-1.fc12.x86_64
virtuoso-opensource-apps-5.0.12-1.fc12.x86_64
virtuoso-opensource-utils-5.0.12-1.fc12.x86_64