KMail is horrifically slow?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 6 17:44:04 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 06 January 2010 16:55:17 Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> > ...remains idle for the remainder of the session.
>
> I should add that I have quite a lot of files archived in Documents and
>  that initially, it must have taken Nepomuk, oh, say... maybe an hour or
>  more to index it all, but since then, all is very well. The nepomuk
>  database is around .5 GB (I totally deleted it and allowed it to be
>  recreated a couple of days ago, so there is definitely no old garbage).

I haven't checked the size of the database, but in general I'd agree with you.
It took quite a while at first, but seems to just do a quick burst now and
then.  Except, that is, when I'm sending a message from KMail, when it appears
to take up around 50% CPU.

> I definitely have no suggestions or ideas, but, äähhh... do you have
>  virtuoso installed?
>
> I have these, in case it is significant (I don't know which ones are
>  actually required):
>
> virtuoso-opensource-5.0.12-1.fc12.x86_64
> virtuoso-opensource-apps-5.0.12-1.fc12.x86_64
> virtuoso-opensource-utils-5.0.12-1.fc12.x86_64

I have virtuoso-opensource-5.0.12-1.fc12.i686

KDE Community Working Group