kde-4.3.90 (4.4 rc1)

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 9 11:22:39 UTC 2010

On Friday 08 January 2010 02:08:21 Rex Dieter wrote:
> 4.3.90 aka 4.4rc1 will be landing in kde-unstable f12 repos soonish.  The
> newer kdebindings/python stack required a sip update, which was/is abi
> incompatible, so anything that
> BuildRequires: sip-devel
> needs rebuilding too.  ugh.  The list is not large, but unfortunately, some
> of them fail to build against the newer sip too.
>
> So, long and short... keeping "release early, release often" in mind, here
> it is with some known breakage.
>
> Stuff not rebuilt yet will complain about missing dep:
> sip-api(6) >= 6.0 is needed ...
> So you can choose to remove anything that still depends on that... or just
> wait and hope (or preferably help with fixes!).

Small problem here -

In SystemSettings > Printer Configuration:

The service 'Printer Configuration' does not provide an interface 'KCModule'
with keyword 'system-config-printer-kde/system-config-printer-kde.py' The
factory does not support creating components of the specified type.

Possible reasons:
* And error occurred during your last KDE upgrade leaving an orphaned control
module
* You have old third party modules lying around.

Check these points carefully and try to remove the module mentioned in the
error message.  If this fails, consider contacting your distributor or
packager.

Advice?  I'm not sure what it's telling me to remove

KDE Community Working Group