f12 firefox displays text "broken up"

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Wed Jan 13 05:27:49 UTC 2010

I have recently noticed that if I have firefox partially covered by
another window and then scroll the display in ff w/o focusing on it that
the text lines sometimes gets broken up in horizontal strips when it
comes out from under the window over top.

I have seen this with KDE and free ATI driver on one system and on a
gnome system with free nvidia ion driver. It seems worst on gnome/nvidia
system. Both use the same monitor.

When the ff window is totally exposed the text is fine.

Didn't see anything about this in a quick look at rh bugzilla.

Also, never saw this with f11.

-gene