List of kde configuration options available?

Roderick Johnstone rmj at ast.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 14 13:56:08 UTC 2010

On 14/01/10 12:51, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Roderick Johnstone wrote:
>
>> I'm customising a number of kde systems, and I'd like to find out what
>> all the valid keys and values are for all the various kde configuration
>> files.
>>
>> Can someone point me to a list of valid kde configuration options please?
>
> Would be nice to have such a thing, but afaik, no such list exists.
>
> Having such configuration introspection could theoretically make future
> kiosk/admin type tasks/tools easier certainly.

So, how do you guys, who tune the config files for the distribution,
know what to do?

Perhaps you can answer my immediate config quesry...

In /usr/share/kde-settings/kde-profile/default/share/config/ksmserverrc
I have:
offerShutdown=false

to prevent people being offered the shutdown and reboot option in the
Leave menu, but how do I remove the "Suspend to disk" option on the
Leave menu?

I guess I could try setting:
offerSuspend=false in the same file, but I generally find trying to
guess config options a waste of time.

Thanks

Roderick
Roderick Johnstone                          Email: rmj at ast.cam.ac.uk
X-ray Astronomy Group                       Phone: +44 (0)1223 766656
Institute of Astronomy                      Mobile:+44 (0)7989 809095
Madingley Road, Cambridge CB3 0HA, UK       Fax:   +44 (0)1223 337523