Ghost applications stay on the panel ?

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 22:44:02 UTC 2010

I'm running F12/ KDE with all the latest updates.

$ uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.31.9-174.fc12.i686.PAE #1 SMP Mon Dec 21
06:04:56 UTC 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

$ rpm -q kdelibs
kdelibs-4.3.4-3.fc12.i686

$ rpm -q qt
qt-4.5.3-9.fc12.i686

I am running dual displays within 1 KDE session.

I have 2 panels installed on my main display.

1 panel is at the bottom of the display.  It has the system tray and a
bunch of application icons

The other panel is at the top of the display.   It has a Pager and Task
Manager Widget installed on it.

I generally have 6 to 15 applications open at one time, spread across 2
to 5 desktops.  Typically 1 Evolution app, 1 or 2 Open Office apps, 3 to
5 browsers, 2 to 6 Okular apps, Eclipse, digiKam, etc.

I have my system set up to show applications in Task Manager on a
desktop by desktop basis.

I have 2 problems:

1) Some application icons are appearing on the taskbar for multiple
desktops.  For example, I might open FF in Desktop 5 but an icon for it
will appear in both Desktop 5 and Desktop 2, even though I do not have a
FF application running in Desktop 2.

2) When I close an application with an icon appearing on multiple
desktops, the icon remains in the task manager and there is now way to
get rid of it, short of ending the session.   Not a nice thing to have
to do when one has 6 to 15 applications open.

The application seems to close properly.  It seems as though the taskbar
isn't getting rid of the icon.

Does this happen to anyone else ?

Thanks