KBluetooth doesn't seem to work

John5342 john5342 at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 18 12:07:15 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 08:11, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I plugged in a USB Bluetooth device, and tried to add a new device
> with KBluetooth, but would not allow me to add an Audio device, only
> an Input device, which itself did not find my headset.
>
> I had to use the gnome bluetooth-applet to add my headset.

If i remember right it's because bluez (the underlying bluetooth stack
in Linux) made some incompatible changes to it's api a while back and
kbluetooth upstream simply hasn't had the love it needs upstream to
get it working again. Has sadly been like that for a while now...

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't...