requirements for default apps

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Jan 18 13:11:38 UTC 2010

While at FUDCon back in Dec, it occurred to me to come up with
1.  some specs and requirements to use as objective criteria when it comes
to choices about default applications in fedora-kde.
2.  general wishlist/todo items to make better

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Rdieter/FUDCon_Toronto_KDE_F13_TODOs

In general, these are items that are doable in the F13-development
timeframe.

I have a couple of ulterior motives when it comes to requirements and
default applications:
1.  It's inevitably a FAQ about "why did you include app <foo> instead of
<bar>?"
2.  I'm disgruntled about a couple of our current default choices (*cough*
kbluetooth, kpackagekit *cough*), and would like to explore other
possibilities

So, please comment on what you consider to be core requirements when it
comes to:
1.  packagekit frontend/integration
2.  networkmanager frontend
3.  bluetooth device support