requirements for default apps

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Jan 19 04:46:49 UTC 2010

Gilboa Davara wrote:
> I had a lot of issues with kpackagekit hanging / reporting a successful
> installation while back-end is stilling downloading, etc.
> How much love is getting from upstream?

The current brokenness is getting sorted out, e.g. there are fixes for the
kded4 crashes.

> I found the gnome-networkmanager worked better for me. Somehow the
> interface worked better. (HID wise.)
> However, I've yet to install F12 on a laptop, so I can't really comment
> on the latest knetworkmanager front-end.

If what you used was the plasmoid then, well, the current KNM is completely
different.

It also fixes the missing features from older KNM snapshots. I really don't
see why we'd continue shipping NM-gnome in a KDE spin. KNM just works these
days. (I'm using it in F12 with no issues.)

> Given the lack of love kbluetooth is getting from upstream, I'd ship
> gnome-bluetooth instead.

We don't have room on the live CD for that. IMHO it's either kbluetooth or
no Bluetooth support at all.

        Kevin Kofler