requirements for default apps

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Jan 19 05:12:31 UTC 2010

[sorry for the misthreaded message, due to the all-too-common "Gmane doesn't
show messages sent to the new address" issue]

Anne Wilson wrote:

> I would like to see the UI showing available devices, and an indication of
> which device is being used.  Related, I think - I would like KMix to show
> my channels again, instead of simply Internal Audio Analog Stereo, as it
> does at present.

export KMIX_PULSEAUDIO_DISABLE=1 somewhere in your startup scripts.

Sadly, KMix doesn't support showing both ALSA and PA items at the same time,
and PA doesn't want to offer all those ALSA controls. :-( (I wonder if it
would be possible to write a PA module which gets PA to offer them. But
Lennart won't like that, I guess.)

        Kevin Kofler