Klipper - odd behaviour

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 20 18:21:58 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 20 January 2010 17:34:13 Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> [This won't be threaded properly, because gmane/knode are still not showing
> posts.]

Actually, it threads fine :-)

> I can also confirm the klipper hang problem. I am not a bigtime klipper
> user, but it is enabled. When I highlight something and klipper wants to
> jump in and take over, there generally (always?) is a long, long hang and
> dolphin (or whatever application I am using) freezes for quite a long
> time.

Agreed.  Anything copied to the clipboard seems to trigger the long delay.  I
read quite a few feeds in Akregator.  Using the link to open in an external
browser doesn't work correctly, so I copy the url to clipboard.  Then ensuing
freeze is at least half a minute.

> Then, it unfreezes and 2 klipper menus appear, one underneath the
> other and slightly higher up than the top one. The menus are identical. I
> click cancel (I can't remember if I have to cancel both menus, or if
> cancelling once cancels both,  and then all works fine. I haven't tried
> using a klipper action.

That part I don't see.

KDE Community Working Group