KDE 'changes' my keyboard

Martin Kho lists.kho at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 00:12:07 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have a strange issue. In the BIOS I've set the NumLock to on. During booting
it is turned off (huh..), so I have set 'Turn on' 'NumLock on KDE Startup' in
KDE.

Since KDE 4.3.4, when I wanted to have quotes ('`"...) I needed to type an
extra space. Typically a wrong keyboard lay out was chosen!? I Just enabled
'Enable keyboard layouts' in 'Regional & Language' and didn't change anything.
This solved the 'quotes-issue', but it turns off the NumLock-light (NumLock-
function is still turned on).

When I leave all keyboard configurations to the defaults (NumLock: Leave
unchanged; Keyboard layouts disabled) the keyboard layout is right when at the
console (e.g. Ctrl+Alt+F2).

Did any one else have seen this strange behavior? Any hints how I can solve
this issue?

Thanks,

Martin Kho