KDE 'changes' my keyboard

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 06:49:41 UTC 2010

Kevin Kofler wrote:

> You should try the German layout, we have a dedicated 'ü' key.

Yes, before I moved back to Canada, I picked up a Cherry German keyboard and I used
to use the German layout with it, but I no longer have that old PS/2 keyboard.

Now, I just use the locally available US keyboards and make due with the US-
International layout. I don't miss the German keyboard anymore, and when writing in
French, I find that the US-International layout is just as flexible/universal as
writing French on a German keyboard (where dead keys are enabled by default). Ça
marche très bien comme ça, daß ich garkein Bedürfniß für eine deutsche Tastatur habe.