KMail: why is my email spam?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Jan 25 15:28:22 UTC 2010

A number of people have been telling me for some time
(months if not years) that my email is being defined as spam.
[This is email that could not by any stretch of the imagination
be considered as spam, even by the thought-police.]

I always use (and always have used) KMail,
and I don't see anything odd in my settings.
I use the default sendmail for sending email,
which could conceivably be the cause of the problem.

I wonder if anyone has come across this,
and can offer an expanation and if possible a solution?

I think that all the email in question is sent to mailing lists.
Also, some if not all the people who complain mention google or gmail,
I'm not sure why.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net