KMail: why is my email spam?

Garry Williams gtwilliams at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 17:42:46 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:
> A number of people have been telling me for some time
> (months if not years) that my email is being defined as spam.

[snip]

> I use the default sendmail for sending email,
> which could conceivably be the cause of the problem.

That _may_ be the problem.  Many mail servers black-list port 25
connections from ISP network addresses.  I long ago changed my
configuration to use my ISP's mail server designated as its relay for
customer use.  If I send mail directly from my machine to the
destination, it often is filtered because it comes from the
black-listed network.

I believe this is an attempt to cut down on zombie-sourced spam.

--
Garry Williams +1 678 656-4579