KMail: why is my email spam?

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 18:49:20 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 9:28 AM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:
> I always use (and always have used) KMail,
> and I don't see anything odd in my settings.
> I use the default sendmail for sending email,
> which could conceivably be the cause of the problem.
>
> I wonder if anyone has come across this,
> and can offer an expanation and if possible a solution?

I haven't looked hard at email for awhile now, so I may be a bit rusty...

But looking at the raw email, you seem to be sending the emails:

your computer > gmane > target mailing list.

Since neither your computer or gmane is eircom.net, it's fairly
logical to assume that you aren't really the sender of the email, and
is therefore spam.

You want to use the SMTP servers provided by eircom.net to send your email. So:

your computer > eircom.net SMTP > target mailing list.

--
Fedora 11
(www.pembo13.com)