Anyone else getting countless krunner crashes in 4.3.95?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 26 16:25:16 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 26 January 2010 15:55:07 Martin Kho wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 January 2010 16:32:44 José Matos wrote:
> > On Tuesday 26 January 2010 12:37:05 Martin Kho wrote:
> > > No, I've this KDE version running on Rawhide. It's very smooth. The
> > > only issues I see at the moment has to do with 'first start' of
> > > akonadi/KMail (crash) and printing from kde apps (no output).
> > >
> > > Martin Kho
> >
> > The problem with akonadi-kmail/kontact can be solved starting by hand the
> > akonadi server.
>
> Do you see this as a solution or more as a workaround?

It is a workaround for a known problem, not yet resolved.

> > Using krunner (that does not crash :-) ) and typing akonadi (actually the
> > first three letters will be enough you can call the akonadi server
> > configuration and to start the server from there. From that moment on
> > kmail/kontact will start to work smoothly.
>
> I thought that Akonadi Tray Utility is meant for this?

As is often the case in Linux, there's more than one way to skin a cat :-)
Either works.

Some systems will find problems with KAddressBook after migration to Akonadi.
The problems and solutions that I've come across are documented at
http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi#Common_Problems

KDE Community Working Group