Switch User still broken

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 15:29:53 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 22:05 -0500, Gene Smith wrote:
> Rex Dieter wrote, On 01/28/2010 09:17 AM:

> >> Basically worked for me except using crtl-alt-F8 to get back to original
> >> login put just a couple of white squares on a black screen.
> >
> > Hint to me of a video driver problem (perhaps not happy about launching
> >   >  1 X server?).
> >
> > -- Rex
>
> Yes, I tend to agree. Looked similar to what I see after doing suspend
> to ram or disk and *trying* to come back. Using free radeon drivers for
> mobo resident video. Works OK on on F11 install with same mobo but
> proprietary drivers (not available on F12).

We're kind of getting away from the point here. My X server is running
on vt7, so the problem Rex mentions is not germane to my particular
issue (and I have an Intel mobo with Intel video).

To repeat, the menu item "Switch User" shows a blank pop-up and nothing
else. It does this the first time and every other time. It doesn't do it
on a fresh user account, where it works correctly. The obvious inference
is that there's problem with an old config file in my own account. I'm
asking for clues on where to look.

poc