kdepim4.5

Ryan Rix ry at n.rix.si
Fri Jul 2 22:36:16 UTC 2010

On Fri 2 July 2010 11:02:27 pm Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> On Friday 02 July 2010 20:25:33 Thomas Janssen wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Eli Wapniarski <eli at orbsky.homelinux.org>
>
> wrote:

> > > Errr.... What does that say about stability?  If I recall correctly
> > > there were serious issues with kdepim 4.5 that delayed the release
> > > with kde 4.5. Does that mean the developers think that they have been
> > > resolved? If not is it wise to include kdepim 4.5 so deep in the
> > > release cycle?
> >
> > Kdepim 4.5 will be released (the final version) together with KDE SC
> > 4.5.1 or 4.5.2 (of course if the developers think it's ready then,
> > what it look like from a todays POV). Means yes, it is wise to include
> > it in the release cycle of rawhide.
>
> OK then here are my real questions... Will kdepim 4.4 accompany kde 4.5 in
> unstable? If kdepim 4.5 turns out to be unusable (not beyond the realm of
> possibilities given kdepim's 4.x's history and what is already known about
> kdepim 4.5) then how to downgrade back to 4.4 and not screw up kdepim  and
> akonadi due to all the configuration changes that no doubt will accompany
> the upgrade to 4.5? As asked previously... Is it wise to include kdepim
> 4.5 so late in the release cycle when we already know that it isn't going
> to be included in the final release of kde 4.5? And since I really do not
> want to run kdepim 4.5 on my computer because I know it doesn't work
> anywhere close to where it should will I be able to maintain the current
> kdepim 4.4 with kde 4.5 as things stand at the moment?
>
> Rawhide fine.... kde-unstable???? hmmmmm... I dunnoooo.

This is kde-unstable you're talking about right? The same repo that has
shipped alphas, betas, and release candidates for every recent SC release? The
repo that is designed for those who want to test this software, and has the
ability to downgrade and report on any packages which may have issues? *THat*
one? If you can't run unstable things, then you shouldn't be running kde-
redhat/unstable, sorry.

> Eli

Ryan
--