kdepim4.5

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 4 20:58:51 UTC 2010

On Saturday 03 July 2010 21:50:00 Eike Hein wrote:
> kde-unstable tends to contain backports from rawhide/$current_release+1,
> i.e. it is for testing what the KDE SIG expects will be part of the up-
> coming Fedora release. Rex has already said that he expects kdepim 4.5
> to be in Fedora 14, since if kdepim 4.5 is released with KDE SC 4.5.1
> or 4.5.2 as planned, it works out timing-wise. So what's happening here
> seems to be exactly what you are calling for, testing of software that
> is expected to be in the next Fedora release.

The problem as I see it is that there is no way we can exclude kde-pim from
updates, if we felt that TP is to raw for us, without stopping getting updates
on kde-pim 4.4 - or am I missing something?

Could there be something in the naming scheme that would allow that
differentiation?  AIUI, the developers have said that they could be installed
in parallel.  If that's so, then it must be possible to differentiate, and
everyone's fears would be addressed.  I would have to check back to what they
actually said, though, and on a netbook at midnight is not the best time to do
that.