kdepim4.5

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Sun Jul 4 21:38:27 UTC 2010

On 7/4/2010 11:30 PM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> A logical suggestion for a Technical Preview, thout it was obviously a
> suggestion which makes your remark fatuous.

It's a beta, not a Technical Preview. If it was mislabeled,
please complain to the kdepim developers. The mailing list
message you quoted (and which I linked to earlier in this
thread, before you quoted it) makes no mention of it being
a Technical Preview.

> Whether I choose to test it or not is my decision, not yours.  If I can't
> trust Fedora to follow the requests of the developers, I'll go elsewhere.

Developers release betas with the implied request that people
test them. Fedora is complying with that request by making it
available to users in kde-unstable.

I should point out that I'm a KDE developer, not a Fedora
developer. I'm a Fedora user. I'm very happy that Fedora is
doing the right thing here, obviously.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein