kdepim4.5

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Sun Jul 4 21:58:05 UTC 2010

On 7/4/2010 11:52 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
>
>> On Sunday 04 July 2010 22:15:41 Thomas Janssen wrote:
>>> If one is afraid of kdepim4.5, what is so hard to use: yum
>>> --exclude=kdepim update?
>>
>> A lot - as I already remarked.  Without some form of naming
>> differentiation we could not get any bug-fix or security update for kdepim
>> 4.4 if we did that.
>
> It's possible to put exclude= lines on specific repos' .conf files, too.

In addition to that, if you don't want to edit config files,
it's also possible to do this:

yum upgrade --disablerepo=kde-unstable
yum upgrade --exclude=kdepim*

The first command will get the latest kdepim 4.4.x update
(e.g. from kde-testing, where Rex just put 4.4.5), the
second command will get all the updates from kde-unstable
except for those packages starting with kdepim*.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein