kdepim4.5

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 5 06:06:49 UTC 2010

On Sunday 04 July 2010 22:16:22 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I really can't see what the big deal is.  All we're asking is that you
> > make sure it has a differentiated name - something like kde-pmTP would do
> > it - so that we don't get it as an update, but as a deliberate choice.
> > What's wrong with that request?  And if you planned to do it anyway, why
> > can't you say so instead of mocking genuine concerns, as several people
> > seem to think is the way to reply
>
> We don't have any plans to rename the kdepim 4.5 packages at this time and
> it'd be a source of problems (the packages would have to Conflict,
> translations would be an issue etc.) and additional work.
>
> The plan instead is to ship one version of kdepim per repository. For
> Rawhide and kde-redhat unstable, this is 4.5, which is now in beta stage.

OK, I can see your point, Kevin.  We all want to avoid the problems that we
had with KDE 4.0 release, though, so we need to address how people get the
information they need to make a sensible decision on whether to upgrade to it
or not.

It seems to me as though people are saying that either you take it, or you
stop testing altogether.  I don't see thatas being in Fedora's interests.