kdepim4.5

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 5 06:12:10 UTC 2010

On Sunday 04 July 2010 22:49:48 Thomas Janssen wrote:
> 2010/7/4 Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:

> >> Why kdepimTP?
> >
> > A logical suggestion for a Technical Preview, thout it was obviously a
> > suggestion which makes your remark fatuous.
>
> No, it's not a Technical Preview, but a beta1.  And you better watch
> your language. I'm not one of your hutchigutchis.

Yet although it was not in that message, the developers have repeatedly
referred to it as a technical preview, as I'm sure you are aware.

As for my language - it's standard English.  Nothing wrong with what I wrote.

Kde-pim is central to work for many of us.  In view of that we can't just make
a snap, uninformed decision.  If we were worried about a media-player or image
application there would always be another to fall back on.  This is simply not
the same - for many of us it is of the utmost importance.

That some of us use testing packages benefits Fedora, which seems to be
completely overlooked at the moment.