Fedora/KDE + Windows contact list

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Jul 10 01:35:21 UTC 2010

Kevin Kofler wrote:

>> How would one run Kontact on Windows?
>
> http://windows.kde.org/
>
>> Also, how would it interface with Windows Outlook?
>
> Not at all, it would replace it. You can have both installed, but normally
> you'd only use one or the other.

OK, thanks, this seems like an interesting project,
but I don't think it would really suit my situation,
where I envisage a standard Windows Outlook user
sharing an address book with a Fedora/KMail user.

As far as I can see, this should be possible using LDAP,
since KMail and Outlook both seem able to use LDAP address books.
It is still not clear to me if VCF data could be shared in the same way.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net