unclear about bug reporting for provisional kde repos

Gabriel Ramirez gabriello.ramirez at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 04:21:35 UTC 2010

On 07/10/2010 05:09 PM, Colin J Thomson wrote:
> On Saturday 10 July 2010 22:49:48 Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
>> Colin J Thomson wrote:

>> I have transparency and others, but just got a message stating that:
>>
>> "The following desktop effects could not be activated:
>>
>>   -Blur
>>   -Cover Switch
>>   -Desktop Cube
>>   -Desktop Cube Animation
>>   -Flip Switch
>>   -Magic Lamp
>>   -Wobbly Windows"

>> Maybe it is an Intel video driver issue? How would I determine that for
>> certain?
>
> Possibly checking Xsession and Xorg logs may shed some light on the problem,
> could it be a Kwin problem?
>
> Other than that I can't really help sorry, maybe other Intel gfx users can.
>
> Colin

Hi,

seems which kde 4.5 rc2 have blacklisted some desktop effects in a
driver/mesa combination in previous kde no notifications appeared about
desktop effects

because in my intel 945GME  cannot activate: Blur and Magic Lamp, and
get note about this in ~.xsession-errors

but after enabled the option disable functionality checks in the
advanced tab the above two effects are enabled and working

Gabriel