Fwd: Re: [Fedora-spins] [spin-kickstarts] +nm-applet

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Tue Jul 20 01:01:26 UTC 2010

On Monday, July 19, 2010 08:43:14 am Rex Dieter wrote:
> Rahul shared some of the same concern that Kevin did about this recent
> change I made.
>
> I have to admit, I share some of the same pragmatic sentiments that
> Rahul does (esp in areas where stability/features are even wider, like
> with kpackagekit).
>
> Comments?
>
> -- Rex

While travelling at the moment. im realising again how horrible the user
experience of KNM is. Connecting to a new wireless network is way more work
that it should be. At least for me clicking on a network in the plasmoid does
not correctly bring up the new network configuration dialog.  though really it
should just prompt  for the password and offer to save in kwallet or not.  but
i guess that comes back to the bug that knetworkmanager just doesnt know how
to give you a dialog to prompt for a password. even though the ui says it can.

My recomendation is to use nm-applet only.  Im currently running the plasmoid
on rawhide.

Dennis