virtuoso

John5342 john5342 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 21:19:02 UTC 2010

2010/7/22 Patrick Boutilier <boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca>:
> On 07/22/2010 02:27 PM, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
>>
>> I notice that I do not have virtuoso-opensource-utils installed. I ran yum
>> info
>> virt-o-u... and all it tells me is that these are utilities.
>>
>> What would this package do for me? What commands, functions does it
>> provide?
>> What is in it that I might actually like to use or would conceivably use?
>>
>> How do I get yum to tell me the above in the future, without me having to
>> ask
>> on a forum (for similar future cases when I wish to know what a package
>> actually does, since yum info barely ever really tells you much at all
>> upon
>> which to base a should I/should I not install question on)?
>
> Something like this will show you what files are in the package without
> installing:
>
> yumdownloader virtuoso-opensource-utils && rpm -qlp
> virtuoso-opensource-utils-6.1.1-1.fc13.x86_64.rpm

On a side note the same can be achieved with "repoquery --list
virtuoso-opensource-utils" which will do the same thing using repo
metadata rather than downloading the package. repoquery is contained
in the yum-utils.

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't...